FAQ section GRP 4×4
I’ve received my light bar kit, what’s the best way to run the wiring?
- We found that drilling an extra hole behind the bracket on the driver’s side is the perfect place to run the cable through.
- We then pulled back the door seal and in the top right hand corner we drilled a small hole big enough to run our positive cable through.
- Please note rubber grommets should be used at the entry point to ensure the cable is not damaged over time.
- The next step would be take of the plastic trim that runs down the windscreen pillar using a Phillips screw driver and removing the screws
- If fitting to a Land Rover Defender Puma you will be able to pick up a live feed from under the drivers side fuse box and then run the rest of the loom to the main beam stork or Aux switch supplied.
- If fitting to 200/300/td5 you will need to run the wiring loom to a live feed usually found under the passenger side seat box.
I Have you’re led bar brackets with a led bar I sourced myself and it whistles really loud?
- We stock anti whistle kits for a selection of led bars this will stop 99% of wind noise please check out our accessories section for more information.
I’ve bought some led headlights from you and they have condensation?
- Most led lights manufactured are prone to condensate due to the following reasons.
- Halogen lamps tend to run hot so the moisture evaporates quickly.
- Led lights produce less heat so it takes longer for the moisture to evaporate.
- Plastic parts used to manufacture the lights naturally absorb moisture in the air.
- With a faulty product it will show signs of larger water ingress and large droplets rather than small condensation.
- Our led bars are warranted for 2 years and come with unique breathers that allow you to release any trapped moisture and reseal once condensation has evaporated.
I have one of your led bar kits but the led bar has condensation inside?
- Our led bars are warranted for 2 years and come with unique breathers that allow you to release any trapped moisture and reseal once condensation has evaporated
I’ve bought a GRP 4×4 bonnet but what is the best way to prepare my bonnet for Paint?
- The best way to prep our GRP bonnets would be to fill any pin holes using body filler and then wet flat using 600 followed by 800 paper to get your desired finish. Remember guys its all in the prep work.
My bonnet doesn’t shut correctly?
- Check that your bonnet isn’t bottomed out on a panel on the radiator if it is you may need to remove or modify this.
- You can adjust the spring in and out using the large nut and a flat screwdriver; once bonnet sits flush tighten nut and close.
Do you ship worldwide?
- We are happy to ship all of our products worldwide so please email us with your address and we will get you the best quote we can.
- We can’t be held responsible for any customs or duty taxes on items shipped.